Best mains electric drill
When it comes to drilling tasks that require power and durability, a mains electric drill is the go-to tool for many professionals and enthusiasts. With its reliable and consistent power supply, the mains electric drill is capable of tackling a wide range of drilling applications.
One of the key advantages of a mains electric drill is its ability to deliver high torque and speed, making it suitable for heavy-duty tasks such as drilling into tough materials like concrete or metal. Unlike cordless drills that rely on battery power, a mains electric drill can operate continuously without the need for recharging, making it an essential tool for long and demanding projects.
When choosing the best mains electric drill, there are several factors to consider. Firstly, the power rating of the drill is crucial, as it determines the drill’s ability to handle different drilling tasks. Additionally, the drill should have adjustable speed settings and a comfortable grip for ease of use and control.
In this article, we will explore some of the top-rated mains electric drills on the market, taking into account their power, performance, and user reviews. Whether you are a professional tradesperson or a DIY enthusiast, finding the best mains electric drill will ensure you have the right tool for the job.
10 Best Mains Electric Drills for Professional Use
When it comes to professional construction or DIY projects, having a reliable and powerful mains electric drill is essential. Whether you need to drill through wood, metal, or masonry, these top 10 picks are sure to meet your needs.
Bosch GBH 2-26 DRE SDS Plus Rotary Hammer Drill
The Bosch GBH 2-26 DRE SDS Plus Rotary Hammer Drill is a versatile and robust choice for professionals. With its powerful 800-watt motor and SDS Plus system, it offers excellent drilling performance in concrete and masonry. It also features an anti-vibration system for added comfort during long periods of use.
DeWalt DWD024S-QS Percussion Drill
The DeWalt DWD024S-QS Percussion Drill is a compact and lightweight option that packs a punch. Its 650-watt motor delivers high performance and durability, while its keyless chuck makes bit changes quick and easy. This drill also features a variable speed trigger for optimal control.
Makita HP2070F Percussion Drill
The Makita HP2070F Percussion Drill offers both power and precision. With its 1010-watt motor and variable speed control, it is capable of handling a wide range of applications. Its ergonomic design and 360-degree rotating handle make it comfortable to use in any position.
Festool PDC 18/4 QuaDrive Cordless Drill
The Festool PDC 18/4 QuaDrive Cordless Drill is a high-performance option for professionals who prefer the freedom of cordless tools. With its four-speed gearbox and brushless EC-TEC motor, it delivers exceptional power and runtime. It also features an integrated LED light for improved visibility.
Metabo SBE 850-2 Impact Drill
The Metabo SBE 850-2 Impact Drill is a heavy-duty option that can handle even the toughest tasks. Its 850-watt motor offers high performance and durability, while its adjustable torque control allows for precise drilling in various materials. The drill also features a reverse function for easy bit removal.
Black+Decker BEH710K-GB Hammer Drill
The Black+Decker BEH710K-GB Hammer Drill is a reliable and affordable choice for professionals on a budget. With its 710-watt motor and hammer action, it provides efficient drilling in concrete and masonry. The drill also offers a variable speed control for optimal precision.
Bosch GSB 1600 RE Professional Impact Drill
The Bosch GSB 1600 RE Professional Impact Drill is a compact and powerful option for professionals. With its 700-watt motor and 13mm keyless chuck, it is capable of drilling through various materials. It also features a built-in speed pre-selection wheel for easy speed adjustment.
Milwaukee HD18PD 18V Combi Drill
The Milwaukee HD18PD 18V Combi Drill is a cordless powerhouse that delivers excellent performance and durability. With its 4-pole motor and robust construction, it is capable of handling heavy-duty applications. The drill also features a built-in LED light and fuel gauge for added convenience.
Hitachi DV20VB2 Impact Drill
The Hitachi DV20VB2 Impact Drill is a reliable and durable option that is built to last. Its powerful 790-watt motor offers high drilling performance, while its electronic control allows for precise speed adjustment. The drill also features a reversible function for easy removal of stuck bits.
Makita DP4011 Percussion Drill
The Makita DP4011 Percussion Drill is a versatile and user-friendly option for professionals. With its 720-watt motor and variable speed control, it is suitable for a wide range of applications. It also features an ergonomic rubberized handle for improved comfort and grip.
When it comes to mains electric drills for professional use, these top 10 choices offer a combination of power, durability, and versatility. Whether you need a rotary hammer drill, percussion drill, or impact drill, there is a model on this list to suit your needs and budget. Invest in one of these high-quality tools and take your construction or DIY projects to the next level.
How to choose the right mains electric drill for your DIY projects
Choosing the right mains electric drill for your DIY projects is crucial to ensure that you have the right tool for the job. There are several factors to consider when selecting a drill that will meet your needs and help you achieve the best results. This guide will outline the key considerations to keep in mind when purchasing a mains electric drill.
Power and Performance
One of the most important factors to consider when choosing a mains electric drill is its power and performance. Look for a drill with a high wattage and motor speed, as this will allow you to work on a variety of materials and handle tougher tasks. Additionally, consider the drill’s torque, as this will determine its ability to drive screws and fasteners efficiently.
Furthermore, consider the drill’s performance features such as a variable speed function, which allows for greater control and precision. Look for a drill with multiple speed settings, as this will enable you to adjust the speed according to the task at hand. Another important feature to consider is the drill’s hammer function, which is essential for drilling into masonry and other hard materials.
Ergonomics and Comfort
When choosing a mains electric drill, it is important to consider its ergonomics and comfort. Look for a drill that has a balanced weight distribution, as this will prevent fatigue and strain during extended use. Additionally, consider the handle design and grip, as this will impact your comfort and control while operating the drill.
Furthermore, consider the size and weight of the drill. A compact and lightweight drill will be easier to maneuver in tight spaces and reduce operator fatigue. Additionally, look for a drill with a keyless chuck, as this will allow for quick and easy bit changes without the need for special tools.
Additional Features and Accessories
Finally, consider any additional features and accessories that may be beneficial for your DIY projects. Some drills come with built-in LED lights, which provide better visibility in dark or poorly lit areas. Others may include a battery level indicator or a built-in spirit level for added convenience.
Additionally, consider the availability of additional accessories such as different drill bits, screwdriver bits, and extension bars. These accessories can greatly expand the functionality of your drill and allow you to tackle a wider range of tasks.
By considering the power and performance, ergonomics and comfort, and additional features and accessories, you can choose the right mains electric drill for your DIY projects that will meet your needs and help you achieve professional-quality results.
The advantages of using a mains electric drill over a cordless one
Mains electric drills have several advantages over cordless drills that make them a preferred choice for many DIY enthusiasts and professionals. Firstly, the main advantage of using a mains electric drill is the continuous and consistent power supply it offers. Unlike cordless drills that require charging and may run out of battery power during a project, mains electric drills are always ready to go, providing uninterrupted power for extended periods of use.
Another advantage of using a mains electric drill is the higher power output it can deliver. Mains electric drills are typically more powerful than cordless drills, allowing for the drilling of tougher materials, such as concrete or metal. This increased power enables users to tackle larger projects and achieve faster drilling speeds, improving overall efficiency.
The consistent power supply of mains electric drills also means there is no need to worry about the weight of heavy batteries. Cordless drills often have bulky battery packs that can add weight and make the tool less maneuverable. With a mains electric drill, users can enjoy a lighter and more agile tool, making it easier to handle and control.
Additionally, mains electric drills are generally more affordable compared to their cordless counterparts. Since cordless drills require batteries and chargers, they tend to be more expensive overall. Mains electric drills eliminate the need for these additional components, making them a cost-effective option for those on a budget.
In conclusion, the advantages of using a mains electric drill over a cordless one include uninterrupted power supply, higher power output, lighter weight, and affordability. These factors make mains electric drills a reliable and efficient choice for various drilling tasks, particularly when working on tougher materials or for longer periods of time.
5 Best mains electric drill
Power 230V 850W Rotary Hammer Drill Set, Wood Concrete Steel Stone Electric Breaker with 360° Rotatable Side Handle 3000rpm Variable Speed Depth Gauge 13mm Chuck and Drill Bits(5/6/8mm)
- 【13mm Chuck, 360° Rotating Handle & Depth Gauge】Its keyed chuck is suitable for drill bits with diameter (≤13mm) to meet your requirements for different drill bits. Anti-skid auxiliary handle can rotate 360 degrees, making drilling comfortable and convenient; Thoughtful depth gauge makes your drilling more accurate.
- 【850W Pure Copper Motor】Produce 0-3000 RPM variable speed to meet different requirements, increase 30% working power and add more durability for drilling and chipping brick, wood, steel, concrete, masonry , wall and other hard materials. Reduce half of loading damage issue as well.
- 【Variable Speed & Lock Speed Button】The hammer drill has a speed control wheel, which can freely adjust the speed. You can use low-speed and high-speed drilling according to different work, from home to the construction site. Lock button enable you to lock the speed without a constant grip on the trigger to reduce fatigue.
- 【Hammer & Impact Drill 2 In 1】By turning on or off a hammer drill's impact mechanism according to your task, it not only possess a drilling feature, but also works as an impact drill that provides a rapid succession of short hammer thrusts to break through concrete, stone, wood and metal with less effort.
- 【Package Included】1x Electric Hammer Drill, 1x Rotating Side Handle, 1x Depth Gauge, 3x Drill Bits (5/6/8mm). Always Read The Guidelines Booklet That Comes With The Tool! If you encounter any problems please contact us, we have you covered with our 3-year warranty.
Skotek 1050W Powerful Variable Speed Electric Hammer Drill
1 used from £42.49
- SUPERIOR: Working comfort, perfect balance and compact design gives the Hammer Drill added control
- POWERFUL: 1050W Electric Drill motor with high grade components for unbeaten performance & durability
- RELIABILITY: Electric Hammer Drill extremely reliable thanks to its tough casing and robust motor
- VARIABLE: Corded Drill features speeds of between 0-3000 rpm with an impact rate of 0-48000bpm
- 2 YEAR GUARANTEE: For your peace of mind we offer a 24 month guarantee on our Impact Drill, 240V Drill,Corded Hammer Drill
Bosch Home and Garden Hammer Drill UniversalImpact 800 (800 W, in carrying case)
1 used from £72.18
- Strong drilling performance with a 800 watt motor
- Kickback Control for increased user protection
- Effortless and fast drilling with the new impact mechanism, 20% faster than previous models
- Striking Power yet easy to control with the world’s first Kickback Control Sensor
- Screw diameter maximum: 5 mm
Cordless Drill, 21V Electric Hammer Drill Screwdriver Kit with 25+1 Torque, 2 Speed with 2 Batteries 2.0Ah, Combi Drill for Home and Garden DIY Project (Blue)
- 【21V Cordless Drill】: Cordless hammer drill has 3 working modes: screwing, drilling and hammer drilling, which can easily meet the various needs of drilling and screwing on wood, metal and plastic.
- 【2-Speed Variable Speed & 25-Speed Clutch】: The cordless drill can work in two different speed ranges, providing precise control for different drilling tasks. Designed with 25 torque positions for chuck selection, perfect for drilling in wood, plastic and metal materials.
- 【2 Li-Ion Batteries】: The power drill kit comes with 2*2.0Ah high-capacity lithium-ion batteries, which are durable, so you don't have to worry about running out of power in the middle of your work.
- 【Ergonomic Design】: The electric screwdriver offers you a comfortable non-slip rubberised handle for a comfortable grip and a built-in LED light to help you work in dark environments.
- 【Package】: Cordless drill kit includes: cordless drill, 2 x 2. 0Ah lithium-ion batteries, charger, carrying case, socket spanner and other accessories. If you have any questions about the product, please feel free to contact us.
Cordless Drill,Electric Drill,1200W Heavy Duty Impact Drill Corded Electric Hammer Screwdriver Bit Set with Case
- 【Professional Hammer &8 DRILL BITS SET】:This professional heavy-duty impact drill features an 1200W power-driven motor for fast and efficient operation. It is a professional hand drill for drilling holes in concrete, wood, walls, steel, masonry, etc.8Pcs different sizes, different materials drill bits set make this electric drill set an ideal tool for home drilling tasks into a variety of materials, such as wood, metal, plastic, masonry and concrete.
- 【HAMMER & DRILL FUNCTIONS 2 IN 1】: Switch the black button on the top to select hammer or drilling function by your tasks; drilling function for drilling holes on steel plates and wood, hammer function provides greater impact to make the drilling task more efficient and simple on wall and masonry. Please note that this drill can''t be used in reinforced concrete walls.
- 【VARIABLE SPEED TRIGGER & RIGHT AND LEFT SWITCH】: Equipped with a variable-speed trigger and variable-speed knob, you’re able to set a suitable speed for different applications from 0-3000rpm. Lock-on button reduces fatigue for long hours work.Right & Left switch provides convenience to tighten or loosen screws.
- 【360°ROTATING AUXILIARY HANDLE & METAL CHUCK】: This corded hammer drill comes with a rotating auxiliary handle, which adds the flexibility and offers the best grip. The metal chuck is firm and does not fall when drilling. The 1.5-13mm high-precision chuck is used for a wide range, and the 3-jaw clamping is tighter without falling drill. With the depth bar, it can accurately measure the hole depth, the built-in physical level is clear and intuitive.
- 【LIGHTWEIGHT & ERGONOMIC DESIGN】: This hammer drill has been designed with light weight to ensure an easy operation and less fatigue for long drilling task. The compact design of this hammer drill enables comfortable use and allows access to tight spaces. Side assist handle for easily controlled, accurate drilling.
Question and answer:
What are the advantages of using a mains electric drill over a cordless one?
One advantage of using a mains electric drill is that it typically provides more power compared to a cordless drill. This extra power is useful for drilling through tougher materials such as concrete or metal.
Are there any other advantages to using a mains electric drill?
Yes, another advantage is that a mains electric drill does not require recharging like a cordless drill. This means that you can continue working for extended periods without having to stop and wait for the drill’s batteries to recharge.
Does a mains electric drill have any other advantages over a cordless one?
One additional advantage is that a mains electric drill tends to be lighter than a cordless drill due to not having a battery pack. This lighter weight makes it easier to handle and reduces fatigue during extended use.
Are there any limitations to using a mains electric drill?
One limitation is that a mains electric drill requires access to a power outlet, limiting its portability compared to a cordless drill. Additionally, the need for a power cord may restrict movement and make it more difficult to work in certain areas.
What are some situations where using a mains electric drill is preferred over a cordless one?
A mains electric drill is preferred in situations where continuous, high-power drilling is required, such as in construction or heavy-duty tasks. It is also useful when working in locations where access to a power outlet is readily available.
What are the advantages of using a mains electric drill over a cordless one?
There are several advantages of using a mains electric drill over a cordless one. Firstly, a mains electric drill provides a constant and reliable power source, ensuring consistent performance throughout prolonged use. This is especially important for heavy-duty drilling tasks. Secondly, mains electric drills typically have higher power ratings, allowing for faster drilling and increased drilling depth. Additionally, they do not require battery charging or replacements, reducing downtime and increasing productivity. Finally, mains electric drills are generally more affordable compared to cordless ones, making them a cost-effective choice for many users.
In conclusion, there are several advantages to using a mains electric drill over a cordless one. Firstly, mains electric drills offer a consistent source of power, allowing for continuous and efficient drilling without the need to stop and recharge. This makes them ideal for larger or more intensive drilling tasks. Secondly, mains electric drills tend to be more powerful than cordless ones, making them better suited for drilling through tougher materials. Additionally, mains electric drills are often more affordable and have a longer lifespan, as they do not rely on batteries that can degrade or need replacement over time. While cordless drills have their own benefits, such as portability and convenience, mains electric drills remain a reliable and powerful option for a wide range of drilling needs.